Boro 1 Hemel Hempstead Town 4 Buildbase FA Trophy 3rd qualifying round

The Boro boys can be proud of their  performance and slightly miffed at the final score which could have possibly been different had Boro taken their early chances .Hemel in truth were superb from start to finish and ultimately their clinical finishing was very much the difference between the two sides. After a promising start when Onokwai twice went close with two rasping drives Boro keeper Carro ,in for his debut as Pajetat succumbed to injury ,was forced into action as the Tudors made inroads down the left wing and two good saves kept the score level and an awful miss when clean through by a Hemel player retained parity. Hemel took the lead however on 22 minutes when Carro could only parry a fierce free kick from the impressive Wall and Ashford was on hand to tap home.Boro came close to an equaliser as Froxylias had two efforts narrowly wide . Ademiluyi then hit the outside of the near post as halftime approached . 0-0 and all to play for in the second half. The game turned early in the  half as Froxylias was put clean through by a trademark Rowe cross field pass but miscontrolled his initial attempt and seemed to be pulled back in the area as he sought to recover possession. Boro penalty appeals fell on deaf ears and the game was soon out of reach on 50 minutes as Aresti lost possession ,Wall broke clear and chipped a wonderful through ball to the on rushing Ashford who deftly lobbed Carro with the outside if his left boot. Pure class. Boro continued to push and had the lion’s share of possession without troubling Beasant in the Hemel goal. The game was put to bed in the 62 minute as Ademiluyi lost possession and a quick counter attack led to full back Krohomouh being clean through and finishing with a sweet left foot curler beyond the despairing Carro. 3 soon became 4 as Kisitu was bundled over on the edge of theHemel box, play on was the verdict and again another swift counter attack left Nash free at the far post to slot home. Harsh on Boro who gave it everything  and all they had to show for their efforts was a consolation injury time goal by Staunton who burst into the area and despite the attempts to haul him down stayed on his feet and smashed the  ball past Beasant . Not long after the final whistle was blown and it is Hemel who move into Monday’s draw much to the delight of the travelling fans who apparently had turned Haringey red and white !! The Bell end sang their hearts out again in appreciation of the boy’s efforts and thus ended another glorious season of FA competition achievements . The boys having played well against much higher opposition now need to take that confidence into the league starting on Tuesday night at Potters Bar  as the Boro embark on a critical period of games between now and Christmas which will define our season .

Boro line up

Carro, Kisitu, Demetriou, Durojaiye, Alexandrou, Rowe ( Staunton 67 ) Ademiluyi, Aresti ( Mitchell 67), Onokwai, Froxylias ( Panagiotou 72) Mcdonald

Unused subs

Akinola, Beattie,Djassi-Sambu, Ismail